5.07.2009

Shut up!

Okay so obviously it's about freakin' time right?! I don't really know what to say today but I wanted to start bloggin' on this blog again to hopefully help me reach my fitness goals. Like I said on my other blog, I am back at the gym. It feels really good but I hate watching the chunk in the mirror so I know I need to go back to the diet too.

I have decided that I will give up the sweets. This is so hard because I am really not giving myself any vices right now at all. I can't have any caffeine because of the boob sucker and I am on a high fiber diet because of other post pregnancy related butt issues. If you know what I mean? So cutting out sweets sounds simple in theory but in practice it is proving to be a challenge.

I have 14 pounds to go and was hoping to have them all off by six weeks. I don't know if this will happen because right now six weeks is like 26 days away. That is like almost a pound every two days or something. Possible, just not probable. However, I am still not ready to give up on my goal. I would rather aim ridiculously high and fail then set some silly goal and get lazy.

I plan on doing alot of weight lifting this time around. I want my muscles back! So even though I am jonesing to go back to Body Step and start teaching again and all of that, I plan on really focusing on hitting the weights dude. Just a little tidbit about weights (which I may have already shared before). When I was engaged my knees were acting up really bad and the orthopedic surgeon said it was either surgery or no cardio. I stopped cardio all together and just lifted hard core every day and I was smokin'. Not like those veiny body builder women either, more like I was 19 and just smokin'. :)

So there it is. Lots of weight lifting to regain and retain muscle tone, high fiber and nutritious diet, and especially no sweets. I think I can do it. Can you? Or really, a better question is, what are you doing? Hopefully something.

2 comments:

{lindy baker cakes} said...

I'm glad you're back! I wish it would start in 6 weeks when I have my little munchkin, but it's okay. I can be a little behind. I can't believe you only have 14 to go! I'm sure I'll have 25! :(

Jana said...

you know those rich people that are so wealthy that they lose touch with reality... that's kinda like you only in the hot skinny body department.