5.16.2010

breakfast

I just saw that Nutri-Grain bar commercial again and it got me to thinking. As hillarious and silly as it is, they have a point. Along the same lines as 'make a change, and a change will happen,' breakfast really is the perfect place to start.

Riddle me this, if you head to Magelby's Fresh for breakfast and totally smorgasbord, is there even a fart in he11 that you are going to 180 your eating habits for the rest of the day? No, I didn't think so. Start right and yes you may screw up an hour later but the chances are smaller for a screw up then they would be if breakfast is already screwed. You know what I'm saying?

Secondly, personally I don't think a Nutri-Grain Bar is a very good breakfast but if it's a breakfast where there normally isn't one, then so be it. For all of you non-breakfast people out there, I'm gonna smack you. Seriously, it's called break-fast for a reason! Your body has been burning up all its energy stores over night and if you don't give it something new to burn guess what? You'll end up storing the first thing you eventually eat at lunch. I know breakfast can be hard, ever since having a baby my breakfast appetite has plummeted. But if you neglect your body of its natural needs then you are going to end up with a poor outcome. The same rule would apply if we are talking about holding our urine. Neglect your body of the need to pee and well...you get the idea. Give your body what she wants and needs hey? Okay.

So there is a little healthful rant for you. Make breakfast the best meal you can because if you start off on the wrong foot you are most likely screwin' yerself for tha rest o' the day. Argh. (That was the random pirate in me trying to scare you into taking this seriously.) Non-breakfasters, come on, give it a try. Just try and stomach something simple and small like a piece of whole wheat toast and a banana. Happy eating in the morn' to all. xoxo

2 comments:

Lindsay Gunnell said...

I totally agree. Your nutrition advice is always so good! And I think nutri-grain bars are so gross, but I agree it's better than nothing. When I eat a really healthy breakfast I'm also not hungry an hour later, which definitely helps keep me on the bandwagon at least for the morning. Plus, smoothies are so easy and soooo good. I think that is my favorite breakfast!

Chellor said...

Kat what are some breakfasts that you think are key to starting off the day right. Somedays I get bored with breakfast and just need a new idea on what to make.

Every morning I plan to make breakfast then I get lazy, sleep in, and the next thing I know I only have just enough time to get to work. I'd say I still eat something at least 50% of the time though. And j can tell a huge difference when I do. And man those days that I make breakfast and pack all my meals for the day I feel amazing!