6.01.2008

Heavy Monday

Tomorrow is the official weigh in of my own butt. I have been re-committed to my 10 pound weight loss for a week and I am attempting the scale tomorrow to see the progress. I have to admit that I feel lighter. I don't know if this is just wishful thinking but I really am hopeful that there will be a difference. I have done really well the whole week even with Jack's Birthday on Tuesday and his Birthday party on Saturday. I am still motivated and I love when I have the weight loss mindset. It comes and goes but right now it has definitely come and I am milking it for all it's worth. I have been visualizing the number that I want to weigh all week. I see it in my mind and I think of it all the time. It is a great way to stay focused when faced with everyday temptation. I am also trying to keep an open mind for the possibility of no change. Seeing as how this week "Aunt Flo" has been staying with us. Sometimes she makes me retain water pretty bad. :( But I will cross that bridge when I get there. So here is to tomorrow. I will post again and let you know how it goes. Everyone cross your fingers and wish me luck!!! :)

I want to leave you with a tool, one that I have used all week. If I am faced with a temptation I ask myself how important it is for me to eat it. I think to myself, "when is the next time I will get to eat this?" If the answer is the whenever I want, because the temptation happens to be a Snickers bar, then I walk away. If it is a chocolate mousse filled creme puff from a fancy bakery in Hawaii then the answer is probably not anytime soon, so I eat it. This method of separation between the important and the un-important might seem elementary but it is so helpful. You can use it at work, at restaurants and at home. I hope this all makes sense and that it helps you the next time there is a pan of brownies in the break room or a bag of chocolate chips in the cupboard. Wait for the fantastic, once in a lifetime sweets or junk food will become an everyday occurrence.

3 comments:

Logan said...

I always try to use that trick, and only eat desserts that I don't get very often, but I somehow always cave. My brother used a trick where he would tell himself "just for today, I won't eat (whatever he wanted to stay away from). Tomorrow, I'll eat whatever, but not today." Then he would do that every day. It worked for him, but I outsmarted myself, because I knew I wouldn't be eating whatever the next day!

Kayla R. said...

UGH...i hear ya its always going to be around we just CAN NOT give in. Ty and I have one cheat meal a week though and it helps me to see the light at the end of the tunnel. i hate aunt flow...ha

Jana said...

Those are good tips! I think I should try that! Although I am very bad at resisting anything sweet that is staring me in the face!