5.27.2008

Confession

I am going to make a shocking confession right here and right now, and I know my husband won't like it. But here goes...I currently weigh 10 pounds more than I did when I got married! ACK! I know, it sucks, but it's true. Now before all of you go and give me sympathy and tell me it's OK, stop and really think about that! I have only been married for a little over 4 years. That is more than 2 pounds a year! There are a lot of things I could say to justify this IE: the baby, growing older, the fact that you are always super skinny when you get married, etc. But that still doesn't change the truth, which is, I AM 10 POUNDS HEAVIER NOW THAN WHEN I GOT MARRIED!!!

I really don't like this fact, and the fact that there is no fiction to it. It is what it is, 10 pounds of the truth. So...I am getting serious. I was reading my own post about the healthy snacks I like to eat and I came to a moment of clarity. I really do like to eat healthy and the reason I don't eat healthy sometimes is because I am lazy. Seriously, it is so much easier to pop open a bag of Cheetos and a can of coke than it is to chop up veggies and fresh squeeze some orange juice! How lame is it that I am willing to sacrifice my health, my body, and my overall satisfaction with life, for junk food and T.V.?!?!?!

So I am going to do it. I am going to knuckle down and do it! I made it through yesterday so healthy that my bowels didn't know what to do with them selves! My butt was like the exhaust pipe on an 87 Chevy! Poor Michael must have slept with a gas mask on because I really don't know how he would have survived otherwise! But I know that if I keep this up I will get what I want. How simple is that? Work for something and you will get it. It's not like, work for something and if your boss really likes you he will consider you for the promotion but you will be up against three other candidates! It is what it is. Work hard, eat right, lose weight! That. Is. It. Cut and dry! I love it!

Now, I don't want any pity or "you are crazy" comments. I don't want people to tell me that I am skinny and that I don't need to lose weight! I want people to lash out and tell me that I should get rid of that gallon of milk+extra that is jiggling on my butt! I want people to say, "YOU CAN DO IT!" and, "YOU GO GIRLFRIEND! HOLLA!" I want you to support me like a high school football coach. Maybe a little yelling and butt slapping and just tough love!

So! This is my confession. I have put it out there for all to see and read and hear. I am 10 pounds fatter than I used to be and I am going to lose it. The good old fashioned losing it way. Just watch me! ;)

6 comments:

Chellor said...

It's funny how we get so secretive about the weight we've put on or even the fact that we are trying to lose weight. More often than not if we would tell everyone we are going to change our lifestyles to live healthier and happier they are right there with us and will do anything to help us!!!

I'm right there with ya, Kat! I've gained serious weight and I'm now serious about losing it. And I wont hesitate to tell people I'm eating healthy so even though brownies are my favorite, NO I can't eat that pan of them you just made me even if I did accept a pan of them the other day and may or may not have eaten the whole thing... by myself... in 2 days flat. Oh boy.

Logan said...

sadly, if I had gained 10 pounds in 4+ years of marriage (and a baby!) I would be happy with myself, because Kat, I have only been married for 10 months and I have gained at least 10 pounds! I guess I haven't actually weighed myself, but judging by how my jeans fit (or don't fit, actually) I am sickened with myself. I will support you if you will kick my you-know-what into gear! Whatever it takes

{lindy baker cakes} said...

Holla! You go girl! (Is that what you needed?) I'm with you though. How manty times have I talked to you about losing weight? Too many! I need to do it.

Kayla R. said...

OMG I LOVE THIS BLOG!! you are sent from heaven!!!! I am right there with ya* email me your email ao I can invite you to my blog:)!!! kaylarawle@hotmail.com
i want to get better at taking care of my body!*!*! love you

The Clevelands said...

So my friend told me about this blog and I looked at the picture, and totally remember taking pictures in my photo class of you right before you got married. I thought you were so beautiful in your wedding dress! Anyway, LOVE the blog and could use any inspiration and help I could get because I just had a baby 3 months ago! Great idea!!!
Emily (Boshard) Cleveland

Carmen said...

I'm so hopping on the lose weight wagon. I have a layer of blub that I would love to see disappear despite what others may or may not see. thanks for the inspiration!