5.17.2008

Calling all salads!!!

Hey ladies, I need your help this time for sure. I don't know about you guys but I hate salads from my own kitchen. I don't know what it is but when I make a salad at home it never tastes as good as if it were made anywhere else. I could use the exact same ingredients and it still wouldn't be the same. I have to force myself to eat the salad ingredients that I buy so my money won't go to waste. I get so sick of the same old fat free and low calorie dressings and I can't seem to spice things up. Take me out to eat and I would order a healty salad off the menu in a heart beat. But hand me every salad ingredient under the sun and I wouldn't be able to make anything a rabbit would want to eat! Argh! So here is where you come in, I need good salad recipes. Email me whatever you have, whether it's tips to make things tastier, salad dressings, or the whole salad recipe! I will post the good ones and we can all share! katillac765@gmail.com Can't wait! Can't wait!

3 comments:

Carmen said...

I'm so not good at cooking anything, but I do make a mean taco salad. Use ground turkey, and pretend you're making a taco with all the seasonings you enjoy. Use blue corn tortilla chips if you want it to be especially tasty. Add diced tomatoes, thinly sliced lettuce, some avacado, cheese, and light sour cream if you choose. Any salad with cut up apples is way delicious too. If I put apples in it, even my non-salad eating husband will partake. I would have sent this via email but that seemed like another step and I'm feeling super lazy right now. Seriously though, great idea for salad recipes!

{lindy baker cakes} said...

I have a super delicious wonton chicken salad but I'm not sure it's very healthy. It's not too bad but wontons just aren't the most healthy for you! Let me know if you want it.

Kirsten said...

I love the Brainnas' salad dressings. My favorite is the poppy seed dressing. I make it with romain lettece, slivered almonds and craisens. Its YUMMY, but I think the dressing may be a little fattning.