5.05.2008

Renewing Our Vows

So of course tomorrow is Monday, the most popular "start my diet" day and instead of the typical Sunday night prayer, "and please help me achieve my goals and stick to my diet this week" I thought I would really contemplate the opportunity I have here. Now that I have a blog dedicated to healthy success and now that I have a strong desire to get pregnant in the next few months I really do need to renew my vows and get to where I want to be.

So here is a list of my vow renewal:

1. I vow to think of my body, I mean really envision my body before I eat. That way I won't just mindlessly grab the potato chips because I will see, in my minds eye, the squishy on my hips.

2. I vow to do the stairs at least once everyday, except Sunday, because I know the positive impact this will have on my tush. Honestly the stairs and spin class are the two most powerful butt shapers I have ever experienced.

3. I vow to stretch at least once during the day. Whether it's morning Yoga or a nighttime bender with my Hubby. (Not that kind you dirty mind people. We really do stretch together!) This will decrease my chance for injury and will help align my mind and body.

4. I vow to eat vegetables everyday this week. I will honestly eat a vegetable in a healthy form not covered in butter or battered and fried. And avocados, corn, and white potatoes don't count.

5. Lastly I vow to prioritize my life around my son, my husband and myself not the T.V. or the computer.

Now here is your challenge. Remember a time where you felt you were in shape. Think of the things that you were doing. Think of what filled your days and how you felt physically and emotionally at that time. Remember the exercises you did and the foods you ate. Choose the positive highlights of this time of fitness and re-apply them this week. Walk a mile in your old shoes, better yet walk 3 miles in your old shoes and start over. After all, it's Monday! What better day than Monday and what better time then now. Good luck. I'll see you all next week happier and healthier.

This is a picture of me when I felt I looked the best. I was happy and fit and thrilled to be alive.

4 comments:

Logan said...

the best I've ever felt in my life about my body was when I got married. My honeymoon was the first time ever that I could just throw on a bikini and not think twice about it, and not even care that I had my picture taken in it! Unfortunately, the reason I looked and felt that way was because of an awesome personal trainer who I definitely cannot afford anymore. And my body has only gone downhill in the past 9 months. Poor Dave. I think this blog is going to be my pseudo personal trainer! No pressure Kat :)

{lindy baker cakes} said...

I love this blog so far Kat a tat tat. I'm serious. You're so motivating. I wish I could sit here and read it and the fat would melt off.

Sarah said...

Kat i love it!!!

Kristi said...

Remember when we worked at Cafe' one 11. I was a little on the chunky side. Then I lost all this weight it was like one day I was fat and the next day it was gone. That was the best I ever felt. The thing is is that I dont rember ever working out to much I know I cut way back on my food intake. That made a huge difference. And you were a great motivator. You always pushed me to work out harder every time. I did not realise how fat I got. Then one day when I was over you showed me an old pic of myself ewh!! Thanks for all your help. I vow to get back to that weight 125 lbs that was perfect for me. So keep up this site I need your help.