4.14.2010

friendly advice


I was on the phone with my bestie the other day and she was lamenting the fact that she hadn't lost any weight over the last week despite hard effort. We were going over her diet and exercise regimen and decided that her diet was the culprit for her inability to shed it. Out of nowhere I found some sage advice. I told her that if you make changes, change will happen. It sounds so simple but more often than not we forget how simple shrinking ourselves really is. And maybe that's what makes it so hard?

This week (or the next time you decide you want to minimize) try thinking of making a change. Leave it at that and nothing more. I will change the size of plate I eat off of. I will change my Froot Loop breakfast into a whole wheat toast breakfast. I will stop eating after dinner no matter what. A little change can have a big impact so make a change to see a change.

5 comments:

Jana said...

It's true, my husband just switched to diet soda a few months ago, and he's lost about 20lbs.

jenna said...

i hate that diet is 80 percent of weight loss. hate hate hate. i can work out till the cows come home, but take away my coke?! ahh!!!

jenna said...

p.s. i would love an accountability challenge. a way to check in and be held accountable. something possibly related to food?

Lindsay Gunnell said...

Oooh. Yes. An accountability challenge sounds awesome. I'm all for external motivation.

Kristi said...

Thanks kat for the advise it realy got me thinking, and challenging myself more!!!