4.21.2010

keep it up

Nice work for day 2 my little chickadees. (I can say little because you are all shrinking by the second!) Again, I was a proud woman last night as my Blackberry went bananas with all of your success.

Motivation for today.

Whenever one of those horrible, can't help but ogle, makes you never want to eat again Victoria's Secret Commercials comes on, Michael and I have the same conversation time and time again. We talk about how if my job was to look like that, I mean my actual LIVELY HOOD, was to look like a Victoria's Secret model, I still couldn't do it. You thought I was going to say I could do it didn't you? Well you're wrong. Even before having two kids, I would have never cut the mustard.

This is an excerpt from an interview with Heidi Klum done by Marie Claire magazine:

“I always think, Look at how people were before they were pregnant,” Klum says. “If you were a toned, healthy, energetic person, most likely you will be like that again.” Cold comfort to the untoned and unhealthy, but the straight dope is sort of refreshing. “A lot of people come to me, and they’re like, ‘Will I look like you after I have the baby?’ And I say, ‘Well, how were you before?’ You can’t kid yourself.”

It's true isn't it? We are all different and very few of us have ever or will ever look like Heidi Klum no matter how hard we try. But that's okay because this challenge isn't about that. Make this challenge about you and you alone. Make it about your personal best. Not Heidi Klum's personal best, not the personal best of Skinny Butt Magee who lives down the street, not even the personal best of your sister who's always been smaller than you. You. Just you. It's all for you and about you. Doesn't the limelight feel nice sometimes? :)

17 comments:

JessWilson said...

Day 3: No sweets! I must say this is getting a little easier. Especially since using yummy strawberries and oranges to help with my sweet cravings! I also plan on trying Greek yogurt for the first time as a healthy alternative to ice cream. Hope it's as good as I've heard!

Ashley Koz said...

Day3: I did it again, no sweet treats. I wanted a bowl of captain crunch pretty bad tonight but I stayed strong

Carmen said...

I'm not taking you challenge in the traditional sense as outlined by your rules for winning a prize...but I am taking your challenge...I'm confessing my addiction to soda...mostly diet coke and dr.pepper...however i am secretly(although i'm telling you) taking your 21 day challenge and haven't had a soda since saturday. that's 4 days!!! i really do think about soda so often and today when i was ordering my delicious salad for lunch i accidentally asked for a diet coke and then had to yell for the waiter to come back because i remembered my challenge. i nixed the soda for H20. ahhh i make myself so proud :)I have 8 unwanted pounds to lose so we shall see if this helps get er done! that's for the motivation!

Eevi said...

Day3: no sugar for me! I even had dinner with friends and ate strawberries while everyone else had ice cream. Pretty sweet! also I stepped on the scale this morning and the number was lower than it has been for years:) Thanks Kat for motivating me to work out!

Lilianne said...

Day 3: I did it. No bread, no treats and no fried foods. Drank lots of water, too. And no snacking! Yay. Yes I can!

Annie said...

Hey Kat!
Although today was not the BEST day for eating...I did not eat candy, I did not eat after 7:20 (ten minutes early) and I ran for the second time this week. Day 3 a success! Better luck with the eating thing tomorrow though. xoxo

Anonymous said...

Day 3: Success! Surprisingly today was easier than yesterday, and I'm loving it!

Logan said...

Day 3: no fried foods or sweet treats! I didn't make it to the gym but I taught a pretty intense class at the dance studio, so I think I can count that as working out can't I?

Lindsay Gunnell said...

Day three: all mediterranean diet and not a drop of anything american. I actually hit 10 servings of fruits and veggies! Can you beleive that? I worked out tonight too which feels great. I still had a sweet dream last night where you made a neopolitan cake with thick, homemade chocolate frosting on it for Violet's birthday and I really wanted some. But then I thought about how sweet something like that would be when I woke up and I decided that I would probably go into a coma. So it's all good.

Heather B said...

Day three: Good, no eating sugar tonight, but it's 10 p.m. and I haven't worked out. But guess what. I'm going to go do it now. 20 minutes. That's it. Even though I don't want to. I'm doing it.

jenna said...

wow. personal best. seriously amazing kat! really that spoke to me big time.

day 3: not enough water BUT no eating after 7. i plan on guzzling a lot here at 1 am and having to pee all night. but it still counts right?

Prina Family said...

Day 3 successful with no sweets. Hardest day yet:( I made one of my favorite desserts and i wanted to eat a few of the ingredients SOOOO bad. (Chewing gum while making it helped)
I know you arent doing the contest but how have your first three days of no simple carbs been going? We want to hear about your success too!

Chellor said...

Day 3 was a success for me too! I didn't post because I fell asleep at 930 being so blasted tired. I sure picked the wrong week to do no diet coke being out of town for work and working on my feet for 10-12 hours per day, but I think it's getting easier... Maybe??? ;)

JessWilson said...

Day 4: No Sweets AND I can already see a difference in my complexion (have oily skin prone to breakouts)! Yay!

Brighton said...

There wasn't a new post so I am commenting again for DAY 4:Success. No candy and no eating after 7:30. I still have to run one more day this week, it will get done though!Annie Shirley

Heather B said...

Day 4 (for me)- today was a crappy day, but I met my goals anyway. I'm still sore from Day 2 and my workout was super light, but The Challenge kept me consistent at least. Night.

Michael said...

Day 3: check! no sweets, 5 servings or fruit and veggies and 30 min physical activity.