4.18.2010

mmm mmm good

Did you know that sometimes, success tastes so sweet that you don't need sweets to cure your sweet tooth. Sweet. I bet that's what is going to happen to all of you.

Hooray for a challenge and hooray for already succeeding by taking the plunge! I am going to do my best to keep posting motivating tidbits daily as we go through this refiners fire.

Did you know that it takes 3500 calories to lose a pound?

Did you know that by adding your upper body into a workout you burn 20 percent more calories? (I'm not saying that everyone should start running like Phoebe but maybe just use your arms more intensely during classes or something. :) )

Have you ever craved Krispy Kreme at midnight, pregnant or not? Did you cave and fill that craving? Was the doughnut as good as you had imagined? That's what I thought. Sinning doesn't feel good does it? Wickedness never was happiness.

The next time you are going to indulge, consider the rarity of the indulgence. If you can buy/make it anytime of year then it's probably not binge worthy. Ask yourself, "is this Peep worth the calories? Don't they make these all year now instead of just at Easter? What is really in this thing? Would it ever rot if I left it sitting on the counter? Will I eat just one Peep and then be done or will all of these little yellow chicks eventually end up in ma bellay?" These questions are good to ponder. They are also good to answer. Don't forget the answer.


Hopefully some of these will help you to jump start your 21 day challenge. I can't wait to see who the winner is! I have this sneaking suspicion it may be all of you. :) xoxo

And p.s. don't forget your push ups!

13 comments:

JessWilson said...

My teeth are brushed for the night so I can officially report.

Day 1: No sugar and I actually did it! Haha, take that hubby of mine! :) In all honesty it was tough, not so much not having the sugar but to break all my bad habits. I didn't realize how often I reach for a few chocolate chips here, or partake in a m&m with my potty training toddler when he goes in the potty. Around 3pm is when I crave something sweet and so that was tough, but was thinking of getting some sugarless gum to pop during those times when a healthy snack just doesn't do it. Tried the gum trick at the movie theater last week and worked like a charm. Also, my email is jesswilson78@gmail.com and let me know if I'm doing this right....(is this the right place to post?).

Ashley Koz said...

I did it too! no sweets at all today and I have a major splitting headache from it. Hopefully that will subside soon.

Eevi said...

No sugar all day:) 20 to go!

Annie said...

Hey Kat!
Day 1 was a success. No candy and I drank the last of my protein shake at around 7:26pm....so nothing after 7:30pm! Yay! I'll take another day...

Lindsay Gunnell said...

Day 1=success. I sent you the link to my google doc where I am keeping track of my 21 day diet challenge. That way I can't cheat at all.

jenna said...

it's 10:20 and i'm contemplating a brownie. but i wont i wont i wont! haven't eaten since 6:30. i'm beaming with pride and peeing because of a full, hydrated bladder. one day down!

Anonymous said...

Day 1: Success!!! Didn't eat a single treat today and I brushed my teeth right at 8 so I wouldn't eat for the rest of the night and so far so good. I'm getting ready to jump into bed so I can officially say day one is over and I stuck to my goals. Wahoo!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
becca olsen said...

Day 1: Check!!!

Prina Family said...

I did it! Day 1 without sugar! It wasnt as hard as i thought. But i had dreams/nightmares all night that I was eating all sorts of treats and feeling so guilty! haha I didnt have access to a computer last night so this is my Monday success comment

Logan said...

I forgot to log in my success last night. I did it! No sweets, even though I got a Birthday package containing lots of Italian chocolate from my best friend who's serving in Rome (that was hard), no fried foods, and I exercised. Not only 90 minutes in the gym, but I also spent almost 2 hours washing/detailing my car, and 2 hours at my new house tearing out more carpet and countertops. I'm sore. :)

Lindsay Gunnell said...

Whoever the Prina family is, that happened to me too! I had a dream that I was playing poker in the middle of the dessert and our chips were starbursts and I kept eating them (I lost the game by a mile of course). I woke up mortified! Now if I can just dream pleasant things about candy and sugar so that any cravings are completely satisfied..

Chellor said...

Day 1: piece of cake... Or fruit ;) I had absolutely no sweets and no Diet Coke/soda! I even resisted a Paradise Bakery cookie!
~Chelsi
oh email is chellor@popllor.com