4.20.2010

one proud hen

Oh dear. I didn't realize how happy I would feel after hearing everyones success stories. I can't even begin to describe my elation! I am like a proud mama hen with all my darling chicks! Congratulations for sticking to it and for making it so easy. Yes you can! Yes you can!

I was thinking about what I could post for motivation and then I thought of this little phrase that sometimes revs our engines. It goes, "I bet you fifty bucks....."

Well guess what, depending on what item of clothing you choose from ayayay, I am betting you almost 50 bucks! I hope that thought helps ignite the competitive spirit inside all of you. :) Just so you know, I would never bet against a single one of you. I know you can do this!

On a little side note, I have a calender where I am writing down every one who checks in each day. I am sure there is some kind of cool blog application thingy I could add where you could check in each day but you all know my technical abilities. Just call me Cave Woman Kat. For now, good ole paper 'n pencil 'ill have ta do. :)

13 comments:

JessWilson said...

Day 2: No sweets! Almost caved for carrot cake with cream cheese frosting (birthday cake at a party) but kept thinking "Yes I can!"...and I did!

Logan said...

Day 2: FAIL. :( (I just couldn't resist vegetable tempura!! Argh) Oh well, back on the horse tomorrow!

Ashley Koz said...

Day 2: Success, no sweets

Chellor said...

Day 2: success! No sweets and no Diet coke/soda. It was a little harder today with a long work day (sweet reward) and so hot, but (diet coke refreser) but I stuck it out. I'm stickin' it to my man! ;) thanks for this Kat.

Eevi said...

Day 2: SUCCESS, baby!! no sugar for this lady.

Annie said...

Dear Kat....
Right now my tummy hates you and me both....but I am trying to coax her into thinking this is a good thing....I am sooo hungry! But...DAY 2: Success! NO candy, Last bite of yogurt at 7:28pm and I ran 5 miles today...so one day down of running 2 more to go to be a success for this week! Thank you!

Prina Family said...

Day 2: I did it again! No sweets. I need to go to bed asap b/c im so hungry and the cookies i made for young women are driving me crazy just sitting on my counter! You know whats awesome? I went to costco today and all the samples were healthy things and i could eat all of them! It made my day and it made my "no sweets" diet easier the rest of the day!

Anonymous said...

Day 2: Success!!! I'm feeling pretty hungry and today was a little harder than yesterday, but all in all I'm feeling great sticking to my goal.

{lindy baker cakes} said...

Day 2: Woo Hoo!!!! Lost a pound.

Lindsay Gunnell said...

Day 2: Success. Rough, tough success. Man, no butter, saturated fats, refined grains, or sugar plus having to eat at least 5+ fruits/veg per day is HARD WORK. I really think going to the gym and working out helps though. I'm looking forward to my once a week bite of dark chocolate! In light of this new challenge and my new work outs though, I have to say my push-ups are sorely lacking (but my soreness is NOT lacking). I'm planning to pick them back up, but I'm taking a breather for now.

Heather B said...

Today is actually Day 3 for me, I guess I started early! Doing great on no sweets after 8, and I've worked out every day so far (except Sunday)- my 20 minute workouts Sat and Mon, and today was an hour long one (go me!) I bet I'll be sore tomorrow. But I am seeing some definite tummy-flattening and I am pumped!

becca olsen said...

Day 2: Check! Wow, I can't believe how much better I feel already... crazy. Didn't really feel like going on a run today but I was glad after I did! Thanks for the motivation!

Sarah said...

Day 2: check my name off for sure. I have not been eating after 8pm for the last 4 days. Also, lemme just tell ya how hard it is after a grooling 2 hour Zumba session to go home and sip water!! I keep telling myself mind over body....but there is a fat girl inside that I can only keep quiet with cookies. Lately the fat lady's been singing!