4.09.2010

some extra bits

First I want to explain a few things about my push up training. I just finished week three and am about to start week four. But because of my other workouts, I won't start until Monday. I just can't pump out the five sets after teaching a full class that includes anywhere between 24-48 push ups. I'm sorry I have to take my "weeks" slower but I really do want to succeed at this. I know I will fail if I try and combine the 100 push up program with my already full regimen. SO there's that. The next little thing is this. If any of you are struggling with your push ups or can't seem to pump out the sets required of you on a specified day you know what to do right? You just repeat that day the next time you get down to do your workout. Since it's all about slowly building up to being able to do 100 consecutively you have to take it at your own pace. Just because the website specifies a certain amount doesn't mean you have to do that many if you can't keep good form while doing them. You can't cheat your way through this thing so modify, modify, modify.

The next tidbit is about dieting. I know I need to offer good tips and dieting tools right here on this bliggity blog. The trouble is, I am the worst dieter on the face of the earth. I shared my fruit "trick" here a few days ago and I don't think anyone took me seriously. Let me tell you something you will take serious, Diet is 80 percent of weight loss. There is no miracle pill (unless that is a caffeineated multi vitamin made by One A Day which I am not promoting to all of you Mormon readers out there) or miracle hormone injection (cough* cough* HCG). There is an age old saying that women hate to hear. It goes like this: calories in, calories out. That is the secret. You can cut out carbs, trim the fat, up the fiber or drink more water but the truth is, to lose weight, you have to spend more than you gain. You need to create a calorie debt! How awesome that you get to go into debt over something without feeling guilty! Hooray! Ya, I think I'll look at it that way from now on. :)

My last tidbit is this. What do you want from me? I want to give you what you want. Don't get me wrong, this blog is totally for my own satisfaction but half of that satisfaction comes from my readers. So what can I do more for you? What do you want to know about that I know about since, according to my favorite sister in law, I am a know it all. :) I did get a little suggestion to explore apposing muscle groups and how they interact and I can do that. Other than that, I don't know what I can do. So tell me before I run out of ideas and leave this blog dormant for another 7 or something months. I love you. All of you. And I feel your love when you tell me about your push up success. Thanks for reading, thanks for motivating and thanks for sticking with me. Ugh! Ugh!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

I love your blog, ps and btw. I will just suggest a few things that I would love more of. I don't know if you know or not, but I love Kat advice and bull ****!
-I am a great starter and crappy finisher, thoughts??
-good shoes for aerobics/zumba?
-I am a former cheerleader...so yea I would like charts and good motivating signs to hang up to remind and motivate. Something I can check off and a good quote when I'm on push up 95 that I can repeat in my head to push out the last five!
-I like the fruit trick. I can usually fix a good meal but what about snacks...its the mister in-between that I'm not good at.
If you want more of my idears let me know! XOXO

Sarah said...

as if you didn't get enough of me...I'm back. haha It's so hard for me not to keep junk food around the house because when I go to the grocery store I usually have my kids, which beg for everything. So generally I have some treats around "for them". Due to this I often times reach for a pack of fruit snacks or even a pop tart or um yes a rice crispie treat. How can I avoid diving into my kids snacks but curve the craving?

Lindsay Gunnell said...

So. Freaking. Sore. I love it! As for some thoughts about what to blog about...what about blogging about "good" calories versus not so good. i.e. types of fat/carbs/protein people should look for, or the lies behind yogurt being a "health" food, etc...or the horribleness of the western diet?