3.23.2010

i listened and learned

You know how everyone keeps saying things like, "listen to your body, it will tell you what it needs"? Well, I listened and I learned that everyone is right. Saturday morning was my last class of the week and as I mentioned before I had taught 8 classes in five days. Boy was that alot. One night I taught a Zumba class from 6:30-7:30 at Gold's on the East side of town, then sped all the way to LA Fitness on the North side of town to teach Zumba from 8-9. Luckily I was only five minutes late and I didn't kill anyone on the way. (For all of you Utah peeps that is basically like driving through town from the University Mall to the Provo Towne Center in under 30 minutes.) My point is, I may have overdone it a teensy bit last week and as punishment my body thought it would be a good idea to make me sick. As if making me sore wasn't bad enough, she threw the illness in there for good measure.

I am happy to report that after 3 days of basically doing nothing (nothing meaning no exercise) I feel a million times better. In fact, I would venture to say that I feel one hundred million and ninety nine percent better (There's a little shout out to the Maury Povich paternity test show for you)! It's wonderful. Life is good and I think I know what all the fuss is about. Listening to your body really does produce good results. Now, if I could only convince my body that it needs all of the chocolate chip cookies. :)

Here's a little challenge for you, since the hundred push-up program isn't enough, try listening. If your body says you're tired, sleep. If she says she is hungry, eat. Thirsty, drink. Naked, shop. Wait what?! Ok that last one was lame but really, listen. Don't gorge, pig out or force yourself beyond your limits. Chances are it will have a negative effect rather than a positive.

Now, go q-tip your ears and listen up. I bet your day will be so much better.

No comments: