3.17.2010

tooty fruity

I have this awesome dieting tip that is going to blow your mind. At least, it should because it works like a freaking charm.

Eat a handful of fruit roughly 30 minutes before eating a meal. When I am cooking dinner or preparing lunch the first thing I do is slice an apple and eat half or have some berries. Any fruit will do and it doesn't have to be alot.

I'm not sure the exact science of it all but when I think about it logically these are the reasons I can come up with for it working. First it starts to fill up your tummy before your meal which helps you eat less. Next it is a fiber rich food which also sustains the full feeling for longer after you eat. And last, I think it somehow keeps my blood sugar stable. Not sure if this one is true and since I'm not a doctor or a registered dietitian I don't think you should quote me on that. However, I do notice that I am less fatigued when I follow this rule. You know how after you eat, you just want to take a nap? I don't get that very often anymore.

So there you have it. Three pretty good reasons why you should eat fruit before you eat your meal. If those reasons don't officially do it for you how about this? I can't stop losing weight. Yeah I teach gym classes and work out alot but we all know that diet is 80 percent of weight loss. We also know that I am the WORST dieter in the world. So if I am losing weight and this is one of the only "dieting" tricks I am using, it must be working right? Right. Try it. You'll like it.

A big thanks to Heather for this tip. It has revolutionized my life in the last month. I never imagined something so small could make such a big difference. It works for me, I hope it works for you too.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Just what I needed, I've been stuck in such a rut! XOXO